U.S. Xpress, Inc. Transportation Supervisor II in Ashley, Indiana
Responsible for supervising and developing all drivers for assigned accounts; addressing customer service issues or complaints; and all shipments to meet the customer’s needs and demands.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects related to drivers.
- Supervises driver performance to ensure proper balance is achieved with business needs and driver needs; discipline and/or write up drivers when warranted; makes recommendations for terminations.
- May assist with the set up and management of new accounts.
- Responsible for addressing issues and disputes for drivers.
- Track and work with the customer(s) to receive assigned lanes and commitment levels from shipping locations. Includes responsibility for the ETA of the trucks at each stop.
- Ensures drivers and equipment are performing as necessary to provide on-time service.
- Ensures all fleet maintenance programs are current on tractors and trailers.
- Maximizes revenue per tractor through appropriate equipment utilization.
- Documents and communicates all service related issues.
- Develops a sense of trust and integrity with the customer.
- Seeks appropriate guidance from leadership on matters that could negatively impact USX financially.
- Plans loads for driver pick up and drop offs based on availability, preferences keeping in mind driver hour requirements; contacts drivers with schedules
- Coordinates with drivers on physicals and random drug screens as well as CDL renewal deadlines based on Safety Department tracking and correspondence.
- Maintain proper attendance and punctuality to ensure that the department is operated in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience required. Equivalent years of experience are defined as one year of professional experience for each year of college requested.
- Minimum of 3 years of high volume operational experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year leadership experience required.
- Experience in the transportation industry a plus.
- Intermediate interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required; ability to exchange information effectively and tactfully, moderate degree of tack diplomacy when dealing with others and handling sensitive issues.
- Intermediate computer skills required; experience with Microsoft Office, Internet, and applicable company-specific applications.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, strategic and innovative thinking skills.
- Extreme patience in dealing with volatile situations; flawless follow-up procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of DOT regulations impacting daily operations.
Work Environment:this job operates in a normal professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and fax machines, and filing cabinets.
Physical Requirements: while performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently stands, walks, uses hands to finger, handle or feel; and reaches with hands and arms.
This is a salaried position with a paygrade of ES11.
Date Posted: 11 / 09 / 2018
Shift Details: M-F 7A - 4P
Requisition Number: 11395
Shift: Weekday - Days
Full/Part Time Status: Full Time