UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Director Business Development in Bedford, Indiana
Tracking Code BDEV-20-1472-F
Job Code 20-1472
Posting Title Director Business Development
Post Date 9/16/2020
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Travel Up to 25%
Description BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR (BDEV-20-1472-F)
Bowhead is growing and we are looking for a Business Development Director to play a significant role in formulating and executing our growth initiatives, strategy development, and overall business acquisition process for our Crane Division. The Business Development Director is responsible for generating brand awareness in the local market, division growth, identifying and qualifying Department of Defense and Federal business development opportunities with customers such as NSWC Crane.
Responsibilities will include:
• Identify upcoming business opportunities that match Bowhead’s relevant corporate experience and lead the capture team to win business that you find and qualify. Target opportunities include Systems and Domain-Based Engineering, Technician Support Services, Configuration Management, Document and Data Management, Inventory/Warehouse Facility Management, Operational Logistics Support, and IT/IA-related work.
• Reach out to government customers and industry partners in the local area and surrounding locations to build strong relationships and develop solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
• Engage with government customers and industry partners to qualify opportunities and gain a better understanding of the requirements.
• You will participate in the incentive compensation program, which is based on the dollar value of the work you win each year. Your job is to win work valued at a minimum of $25M per year.
• You will interface with senior management and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture. You will lead the capture team to develop the proposal response. This includes working with the subject matter experts, proposal team, contracts, pricing, and talent acquisition.
• Upon approval, you will manage the operating budget for each proposal approved for capture pursuit. You will have autonomy to manage your pipeline throughout the full life-cycle, from inception to award.
• You will execute business and strategic plans that align with the organization’s strategic goals and mission, which are tailored to existing and projected business environments and opportunities, and capitalize on UICGS’s strengths.
Requirements Strong leadership ability and persuasive skills are key to excelling in this job. Position requires:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education plus operations/project management experience and/or business development experience in a government setting.
• Proposal writing and review experience and sophisticated communication skills (both oral and written).
• Work experience should demonstrate your ability to collaborate with multiple customer levels.
• Solid experience using Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, and Outlook.
• Military or Government experience is a plus.
Desired skills include:
• Established relationships with Government customers and teaming partners in the local area
• Leading capture of large priority DoD and Government opportunities
• Win methodologies, competitive assessments and strategy development
• Teaming arrangements
• Advance intelligence gathering
• Ability to lead and provide direction for cost proposal development
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate with the matrixed resources to develop RFI and Sources Sought responses
• Capability to de-conflict pursuits with other Bowhead BD elements
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. Active Secret clearance highly desired. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies
- UIC Government Services and the Bowhead Family of Companies Jobs