DaVita Hospital Services Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN) in Bloomington, Indiana
Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse needed; Bloomington
- IU Health Bloomington Hospital , Bloomington, NL
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
If you haven’t considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
• 1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysis to in-patients with chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1 or 1:1.
• Patient education. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families.
• Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
• Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
• Expect the unexpected. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
• Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours. Our Hospital Services group performs 1.1M treatments annually.
• Schedule. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse- long days and on call are required. Schedules vary by hospital system. . Must be in commutable distance based on on-call requirements.
• The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
What we’ll provide:
• In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we’ll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
• Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
• Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
• 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
• Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
• Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule with mandatory overtime required due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
• Work long days without notice
• Ability to travel to multiple hospitals within a given area (Be sure to ask your recruiter about the commute range for this position.)
• Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
• Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic setting
• Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.