Spartan Motors Production Manager - (CG11206) in Bristol, Indiana
Production Manager - (CG11206)
Job Requisition ID: CG11206
Job Title: Production Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Bristol, IN
Post Date: 06/02/2018
Provides leadership, direction, and coordination of one of two manufacturing segments in the shop, Assembly or FAP (Final After Paint). Drive to established metrics and improve profitability within their given area of authority. Leadership and accountability for safety, quality, cost, and delivery meeting corporate and departmental goals and initiatives. Support, implement and use the Spartan Production System (SPS) as the primary tool for operational excellence and continuous improvement. Must be an active participant in continuous improvement, employee involvement and equal employment opportunity systems.
• Leadership of the workforce within the manufacturing segment.
• Work with other Operations Manager to achieve best overall results with existing and plan resources.
• Drive accountability to meet targets and deliverables with the operations workforce.
• Participation in the organization and execution of all systems and processes required to maintain a safe working environment, reduce cost, improve quality, and deliver throughout company.
• Analyze and recommend future requirements related to manpower, machinery, tooling, equipment and floor space.
• Implementation of new methods and processes.
• Maintain clean, organized, and safe worksite.
• Assist in the development and implementation of appropriate training for all employees with emphasis on quality, safety, and cross functional team training.
• Participation on appropriate cross functional teams.
• Primary contact for planning and scheduling at the shop floor level.
• Use of financial and non-financial data to measure performance.
• Provide leadership and direction for workforce.
• Assist in implementing employee involvement.
• Deliver production units and work orders within established organizational timelines to internal as well as external customers.
• Manage daily staffing levels to minimize overtime and non-productive work practices.
• Drives continuous improvement and accountability to sustain it.
• Must have managed mix model vehicle plant experience
• Working knowledge of the Toyota Production System
• Must have history of increasing responsibility and promotion
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate orally or written to any level of the organization.
• Must have experience in a production system where minutes matter and able to make decisions with less than optimal information available.
• Must be willing to take on more responsibility if the situation requires it
• Self-motivated to improve one self and the team you lead
• Understands there is balance between work and outside work for yourself and your team.
• Firm but fair and consistent when dealing with subordinates
Spartan Motors Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.