CDI Payment Application Specialist in Carmel, Indiana
The Payment Application Specialist ensures accurate and timely posting of payments, discounts and adjustments. This position is Monday through Friday with flexible working hours during the day. This is a Full-Time, remote position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES: Creates a positive experience for every customer, every day by believing in and practicing The Experience
(75%) Payment Support
- Obtains the necessary documentation required to post receipts, denials and correspondence
- Ensures that receipts, discounts and adjustments are accurately posted to patient accounts in a timely manner to meet department goals on a daily and monthly basis
- Enters coordination of benefits data accurately for secondary claim processing
- Verifies batch totals, edits, reconciles and updates payment batches
- Interprets denials and correspondence for proper denial code posting in the billing system
- Identifies missing remittances and takes the necessary steps to obtain the appropriate documentation required to post receipts, discounts and adjustments
- Escalates atypical remittances, CMS and Managed Care Payer notifications to Manager, Cash Applications for review
(15%) End of Month Support
- Reconciles each bank account to ensure all receipts are posted prior to closing the month
- Ensures all receipt batches balance and tie to bank deposits
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years medical business office experience or a graduate of a medical billing program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and previous data entry experience
Be a part of something bigger -- join our team in transforming lives through remarkable service. CDI is a national provider network of medical imaging and related services. Through our collection of partnerships, we deliver our trademark customer service and high-quality services to enhance patient care in more than 35 states, offering a wide range of screening, diagnostic and interventional procedures that complement each community's needs.
CDI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled