ManTech Software Engineer in Crane, Indiana
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Software Engineer to join our team in the ManTech Crane ID Office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
· Works individually or as part of a team.
· Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
· Resolves software problem reports.
· Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
· Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
· Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
· Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
· Debug existing software and correct defects
· Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
· Develop simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
· Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
· Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
· Write or review software and system documentation
· Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
· Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
· Design or implement complex database or data repository interfaces/queries
· Experience developing on the Linux and Microsoft operating systems
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
· Experience as a java software engineer. Experience/familiarity with Microsoft application development with Visual Studio using C#. Software development/engineering experience must include requirements analysis/design, software implementation, installation, integration, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
· Developing programs in higher level computer languages, such as FORTRAN, C, C++, Java, PERL, Oracle, Structured Query Language (SQL), CMS2, Pascal, and Pro*C hosted on both Unix/Linux and Microsoft systems; and
· Using structured programming methods, Program Design Languages (PDLs), Agile Software development process, Modular Software design, ANSI C++ and Java applications in a networked LINUX environment, personal computers in Windows environment; and developing software in a multi-threaded/multi-process environment.
Security Clearance Requirements:
· Active and current US SECRET or able to obtain secret clearance
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%
· Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
· The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations
· Move about freely in a laboratory setting
· Repetitive Motions
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
- ManTech Jobs