Acuity Brands Buyer Planner Job in Crawfordsville, Indiana
We Light the Way!
Acuity Brands (NYSE: AYI) is transforming the lighting industry. We take pride in our 12,000 employees, and they take pride in working with the best in the industry. Join a team committed to lighting the way to a more brilliant, connected, and productive world. Individually we are talented, but together we are unstoppable.
About this Location
The Indiana Production Facility (IPF) is Acuity Brands’ largest manufacturing site in the USA. The facility is located about 45 minutes west of Indianapolis in the small town of Crawfordsville, Indiana, in the middle of Montgomery County. Love the outdoors as much as we do? Then you’ll enjoy the surrounding parks including Turkey Run and Shades State Parks, or renting canoes at Clements Canoes Outdoor Center. These scenic locations are perfect for boating, fishing, hiking, camping and picnicking. You can also visit a local sporting event at Wabash College, or make the short 30-minute drive to DePauw or Purdue Universities for more.
About this Team
How you will contribute:
The Buyer/Planner position will have responsibility for material replenishment and management. This role will ensure material availability (using optimum inventory based on Kanban) to enable on time assembly and delivery to the customer. This position will work closely with the cell leader on the floor managing the scheduling boards and Kanban boards to ensure accurate data to the cells regarding customer demand.
Key Tasks & Responsibility
• Manage the KB Boards -- purchase material to keep the cells running
• Manage the Stand Up Meeting with the cell leaders -- daily start to each day looking at late, current, and future demand and creating a plan to meet customer demand while reducing cost
• Manage inventory in the FF -- monitor KB and reduce/re-size as necessary
• Manage the KB Process -- audit the KB to check for: 1) material and no card, 2) card and no material, 3) no material and no card on board, 4) material being pulled from two bins, 5) material not in dedicated location.
• Manage the Customer -- act as an interface between floor and customer, communicate problems and appropriately deal with customer demand to ensure zero late
• Continuous improvement -- participate in continuous improvement activities that drive the KPI's (E, Q, D, C, I).
Qualified Applicants will have:
Minimum – HS education – Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 2+ years of experience
• Knowledge of Lean, thorough knowledge of KanBan principles, product component knowledge and assembly processes Preferred
• Ability to work collaboratively with hourly personnel.
• The ability to develop and train cell leaders to manage a team oriented production group.
• High school math, well developed verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Excel as a tool for data analysis
• Ability to problem solve and the ability to multi-task are required
- Medium work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
Please utilize the internal career site to apply if you are a current employee at Acuity Brands.
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreaderoptimized.pdf and here at https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-VerifyParticipationPosterES.pdf for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Req ID: 1777
Nearest Major Market: LaFayette
Job Segment: Procurement, Purchasing, Database, Buyer, Data Analyst, Operations, Finance, Technology, Data
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- Acuity Brands Jobs