TEKsystems Hardware Service Analyst - Tier 1 in Elkhart, Indiana
This position exists to provide outstanding incoming phone and email based helpdesk support, with an emphasis on cases logged to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with the various physical hardware components of our clients’ systems. This position is under the guidance, supervision, and ongoing mentorship of the Hardware Support Analyst- Tier II, Hardware Project and Conversion Representatives, and Hardware Management staff.
The Goal of this position is to develop a valued technical expert, who is expected to deliver quality work on a consistent basis, supported by established standards, guidelines, and procedures. Precise, thorough, and consistent work, along with high levels of patience, good interpersonal skills, and an ability to multitask are keys to success in this position. Client specific knowledge and competency will be built through structured step-by-step training, along with positive and supportive coaching from peers and management.
• Field incoming phone or email client inquiries regarding various network, computer, and server based software and/or hardware issues.
• Troubleshoot inquiries by researching the source of the issue. This may require the reading of technical manuals/documentation, conferring with peers, and/or conducting system diagnostics to investigate.
• Provide remote assistance for the installation and/or configuration of cables, operating systems, software, and/or other physical devices
• Provide to the client a timely update on the source of the issue being experienced, along with the steps are either required or that have been completed to resolve the issue as described.
• Field incoming automated notification cases, which are usually alerts of services offline and/or proactive alerts for server specific issues.
• As the correction of some issues requires services/systems to be restarted, after-hours work may be required.
• Maintain detailed case notes of communication, problems, and remedial actions or installation steps taken
• Install and perform minor repairs and/or other preventative maintenance tasks to hardware, software, or other peripheral equipment, following the design or installation specifications
• Continued education by reading of technical manuals/documentation, and/or attending internal/external training courses, conferences and/or seminars to maintain knowledge of updated hardware and software standards
• Participate in our after-hours on-call rotation schedule
• Consult with staff, clients, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications to prevent future issues
• Assist in the development and creation of checklists, self-help sheets, manuals, FAQ lists, training material, and/or departmental procedures to assist teammates and end-users
• Other duties and responsibilities will be instructed by HW Support Analyst – Tier II and Management staff
• Basic incident and problem solving (troubleshooting) skills; with an emphasis on technical troubleshooting of Linux and Windows systems
• A drive for self-improvement, by means of proactive advancement in skills and always maintaining a willingness to learn
• Ability to be self-motivated to follow up and/or follow through on cases and/or tasks given in a timely manner, with an emphasis remaining on the accuracy of the resolution
• Ability to communicate effectively using both written and verbal methods
• Ability to remain calm and focused during times of high pressure support, such as system/service interruption events.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 120 pounds.
• Flexibility in work hours, responsibilities will occasionally require evening and/or weekend time to complete.
An ideal candidate will the following experience(s):
• 2 years’ experience working in NOC or in other Help Desk position
• Experience troubleshooting RHEL/CENTOS Linux Servers
• Experience troubleshooting Network issues (Routes, VPNs, Tunnels)
• Experience utilizing Remote Desktop with pass-through of peripheral devices
• Experience with virtualization platforms (specifically ESXi and VMware)
Break/fix computer hardware, Windows, Networking cables, Printer support, Troubleshoot switches, Salesforce Ticketing system, cabling, video, Vmware, Backup, Cisco Networking, Active Directory, Group Policy, Linux administration
Top Skills Details:
Hardware support: new and current user support
Knowledge and 1 year of experience with Linux Red Hat to script and program in batch
Application support for proprietary software.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate or higher, degree in Computer Science or Information Services; or equivalent work experience is required.
• A+, Net+, or other industry certifications preferred.
• Valid driver’s license, and ability to travel both domestically and internationally
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs