1st Source Bank Mortgage Loan Originator - Retail Mortgage Origination Dept. - Elkhart, IN in Elkhart, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates more than 80 banking centers in 17 counties, 22 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, nine Trust and Wealth Management locations and eight 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
Come work for an organization that consistently receives awards as the Favorite Bank in the area – whether it’s in Indiana or Southwestern Michigan. We are a top rated bank and have been recognized for our integrity and the exceptional services we provide to our clients. 1st Source has also been recognized for our strong workplace environment that values its employees and our positive work culture that includes respect, communication, opportunity and being part of a team.
We base employment on an individual's values, personality, experience, skills, and talents. We value our colleagues and treat each with honesty, dignity and respect. We are committed to creating a diverse team of professionals whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers.
Originates permanent FHA / VA and conventional residential mortgage loans and participates in related business development activities in assigned region/area.
- Solicits residential first mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
- Calls on potential or existing customers as assigned to develop new business or retain existing business.
- Utilizes the mortgage product to cross sell banking relationships for the regional banking centers (i.e. checking accounts and other deposit services).
- Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans.
- Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of loan with mortgagors.
- Makes presentations to prospective customers in the community.
- Keeps informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Understands all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of consumer lending or mortgage experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Sales experience preferred.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel essential.
- Good calling and presentation skills.
- Self-starter, good organization skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
Ability to travel to off-site locations for meetings, projects, seminars, etc., as well as ability to travel overnight.
National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR):
The Federal Government requires that employees with responsibility for residential mortgage lending and/or consumer real estate loans be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLSR). For consideration of this position, you will be required to obtain a unique identifier, register with NMLSR, and be fingerprinted for a criminal background report. Individuals hired for this position must: A) have not been convicted of, or pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony in a domestic or military court during the preceding seven-year period or, in the case of a felony involving an act of fraud, dishonesty, a breach of trust, or money laundering, at any time; B) has demonstrated financial responsibility, character, and general fitness such as to warrant a determination that the individual loan originator will operate honestly, fairly, and efficiently.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran