VCA Lead CSR - Emergency Department in Fishers, Indiana
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current employee, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center is a multi-disciplinary Specialty practice in beautiful Fishers, Indiana—located just outside of Indianapolis.
VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center is a referral practice and 24 - hour emergency service hospital. We are located in Fishers, IN off of 96th and Hague Road. We are currently seeking a full time Lead Client Service Representative for our emergency department. Previous veterinary experience highly preferred and customer service experience required.
• Customer service functions, including: greeting visitors, answering telephones, and guiding clients and their pets to exam rooms, and assisting clients during their pet emergency
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Provide training, direction, and support to other CSRs in Emergency Department
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments
• Recommending, selecting, and obtaining products and services, including prescriptions
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of proven past experience helping customers
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• Proven decision-making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
• The ability to integrate new information into problem-solving
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including, medical/dental/vision and paid vacation (for F/T employees only), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and more!
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!