Stanley Acess Technologies Quality Assurance Analyst in Fishers, Indiana
58630BRTitle:Quality Assurance AnalystBusiness:US - SSS - SPSState / Country / Province:Indiana Job Description:
Job Title: Quality Assurance Analyst/Subject Matter Expert
Department: Quality Assurance
Location: Fishers, IN
Reporting relationship: Director of QA
Work schedule: (8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday; overtime as required)
Exemption status: (Exempt)
Grade/Salary Range: (to be determined)
3xLogic, part of STANLEY Products and Solutions, designs and manufactures industry leading physical security solutions including video monitoring, electronic access control, alarm systems and big data analytics for retail. In this role you will work to become an expert on our products and play a key role in helping ensure our software and hardware products are of the highest quality.
Attention to detail and customer relations skills are key to success in this role, and essential in the Company’s expansion strategy. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously and strong analytical and problem solving skills are a pre-requisite for success in this role. The ability to work with Engineering and translate requirements into test plans and cases is critical.
3xLOGIC is a dynamic company and offers a highly challenging, yet interesting work environment. This position will work closely with the Development team, sharing and working with them to achieve the highest level of success.
• Work closely with the product and development teams through all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including business requirements, functional specifications, integration and regression testing using currently testing methodologies and tools.
• Act as the subject matter expert on assigned products with the rest of the QA team, taking requirements and specifications from the product and development teams and designing test plans and test cases for the overall QA team to execute.
• Be the liaison between the QA and Engineering teams.
• Responsible for approving releases into production.
• Provide guidance in automated testing on projects through advanced use of test tools.
• Create and maintain test case and test script documentation for complex custom software, which is complete, thorough and clearly written; Documenting, track and communicate project testing risks, test results, status, defect analysis and unresolved problems for multiple projects; and provide recommendations for improvements to the Project stakeholders.
• Test new and legacy custom applications, with or without the use of formal test cases/scripts.
• Assist the development team in debugging and replicating issues.
• Test Web and client-server, cloud and Mobile applications against specifications and documentation.
• Support various project leads with ad-hoc business analysis tasks.
• Gain and maintain familiarity with all operating environments.
Qualities and skills you need to have:
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude.
• Ability to work hands-on and provide leadership in the implementation of complex testing solutions.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Good Team-player
• Ability to transfer knowledge and translate technical concepts to non-technical resources and coworkers.
• Ability to work independently in multiple simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and keep stakeholders informed of progress toward goals.
• Flexibility to work a regular schedule with additional evening and early morning hours as required.
Education and experience we’re looking for:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree preferred but will consider 4+ years of relevant experience
• At least four years of in-depth experience and demonstrated proficiency with QA methodology, processes and deliverables
• Experience in testing Hardware and Software integration preferred
• Experience in troubleshooting network communication issues
• A high level of using virtualized environments to perform testing.
• Test management tools proficiency
• The following experience is preferred but not required:
o Mobile application testing across multiple platforms (such as iPhone, Android and windows) is a plus
o Good knowledge of MS SQL Server and T-SQL
o Exposure to client/server, and Web applications
o Working with offshore teams
• MS Windows 7,8,10 operating systems
• MS Windows Server 2008, 2012 operating system
• Familiarity with Target process is a plus
Requisition Number:58630BRCity:FishersEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.