VCA Veterinary Front Desk Reception in Fishers, Indiana
Company Info: VCA Animal Hospitals operates more than 1,000 small animal veterinary hospitals in the U.S., Canada and Japan. The hospitals are staffed by more than 4,500 fully qualified, dedicated and compassionate veterinarians to give pets the very best in medical care, of which over 600 are board certified specialists who are experts in areas such as oncology, cardiology, emergency and critical care, and surgery for animals. VCA Animal Hospitals provides a full range of general practice services to keep pets well and specialized treatments when pets are ill. As part of the Mars Veterinary Health family of brands, VCA is committed to its purpose—A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS®.
If you are a current associate, you need to apply through our internal career site. Please log into Workday and click on the Career worklet on the landing page or search for Find Jobs. You can also copy the link below into a browser to apply through our internal career site:
VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center is a multi-disciplinary Specialty practice in beautiful Fishers, Indiana—located just outside of Indianapolis.
Ever thought of getting into the veterinary field? VCA Advanced Veterinary Care Center is a 24-hour emergency and referral center located in beautiful Fishers, IN, and we are looking to expand our Front Desk Reception team.
As we are a 24-hour facility and are experiencing growth in all areas, we have opportunities for day, night, or weekend hours. We are accepting both full and part time candidates. Veterinary experience is a plus but is not required. We are looking for candidates that understand being the first contact for our clients is vital to their overall experience with us.
Why You Should Consider Us
At VCA AVCC, your compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. VCA offers a wide range of benefits that are extremely competitive. For full time employees this includes competitive medical insurance rates, paid short-term disability, paid paternity leave, a generous pet discount, and more.
• Providing an excellent customer experience to every client that enters our facility. Includes greeting visitors, answering telephones, and assisting clients throughout their visit
• Scheduling and confirming appointments
• Presenting and explaining fees, including processing payments and assisting with credit applications
• Answering questions regarding products and services, including educating clients on non-medical pet care
• Managing medical records, charts, reports and correspondence
• Assist with keeping facility clean and organized at all times
• At least one year of proven past experience providing excellent customer service througth either employment or volunteer work
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Compassion for pets and people—as well as awareness and understanding of others’ reactions
• The ability to lift up to 40 lbs. and be exposed to hazards associated with pets such as allergies, contagious diseases, noises, odors, bites, scratches, and animal waste
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and paid vacation/sick days, 401(k), generous employee pet discounts and more!
The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
VCA began in 1986 as a privately owned company with one animal hospital. Today, we are the largest family of animal care providers nationwide. Despite unprecedented growth, VCA has never abandoned its devotion to compassionate, comprehensive pet care. Take a look at our open positions throughout the U.S. and Canada! We’re always looking for top notch talent to join the VCA family!