Aon Corporation Claims Specialist 1- in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Aon Is Looking For A Claims Specialist I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K; business group within Aon Affinity, in Ft Wayne IN.
Your Impact As A Claims Specialist I
- Confirm coverage in system and verifies that both team and individual are sanctioned. Sends initial contact letter which also explains which benefits are available.
- Obtain information necessary for claim to be established in the claims system.
- Investigate to verify that injury occurred while claimant was participating in a covered event.
- Analyze medical bills for causal relationship to the accident/injury.
- Review Explanation of Benefits from primary insurance to determine obligation under our policy.
- If appropriate, reprice medical bills through the PPO network and/or use system to see if procedures were reasonable and customary to establish proper payment.
- Issue payment to medical providers.
- Handle all inquiries from claimant, insured or medical provider regarding the status of claim.
- Comply with all rules, regulations and laws regarding the payment of medical claims.
- Process/move and maintain claims within the claims workflow and archival systems.* *
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
Required Experience:* *
- Exceptional organizational skills and computer literacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; uphold the organizations values and is a positive spokesperson for the Company
- Accident and Health experience preferred either in a claims setting or as a medical biller/coder.
- High School diploma
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.* *
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.* * * *
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2451836
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: United States, IN, Fort Wayne