Aon Corporation Underwriter (Underwriting Professional I) in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Aon Is Looking For An Underwriter (Underwriting Professional I)
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our K&K; Recreation business group within Aon Affinity.
Your Impact As An Underwriter
Within stipulated underwriting authority limits, this position is accountable for reviewing, evaluating and rating applications for insurance coverage in order to classify the degree of insurable risk and determine appropriate premium amounts.
- Review and evaluate insurance applications and related documents, including loss control reports, loss data, MVRs and other information needed to properly evaluate and classify the degree of risk in relation to proposed coverage limits.
- Obtain all relevant information not included with the initial submission for new business and for renewal business, to ensure a thorough evaluation of the risk.
- If new business is assigned initially or after an extended learning process, review and evaluate new business opportunities, recommending the appropriate rates, deductibles, and terms.
- Review and evaluate renewal business, recommending appropriate actions to attain premium rate and loss ratio objectives.
- Prepare and review quotations to ensure accuracy prior to presentation to potential clients.
- Approve or decline the coverages requested within specified underwriting authority and/or refer to internal management or carrier if risk exceeds underwriting authority.
- Review policy forms used in specific programs to ensure consistency.
- Work in a team environment on accounts in coordination with the Underwriting staff.
- Complete a variety of underwriting projects at the direction of the UnderwritingDirector and Senior Vice President.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Position requires a Property & Casualty license.
- 3 - 4 year Commercial Property & Casualty insurance experience; customer account handling and/or underwriting.
- Understand multiple P & C coverage lines such as, commercial property, liability, crime, inland marine, auto and workers compensation coverage.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Excellent math, oral and written English communication skills.
- Candidate must be organized, able to prioritize work and possess effective time management skills in a fast paced environment.
- Work well with team members and co-workers, participate in and support an underwriting team environment, advance your knowledge with formal educational courses, and interact with management.
- High School diploma or higher education preferred.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background checkconsistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2445492
Category: Claims & Underwriting
Location: United States, IN, Fort Wayne