United States Steel Maintenance Technician - Elec (New Hire) in Gary, Indiana
10465BRJob Description:The Maintenance Technician Electrical job is a core component for our maintenance forces and requires a trained and experienced individual to continue our success as one of world’s largest steel producers.
The Maintenance Technician Electrical performs all electrical maintenance functions necessary to maintain all operating and service equipment using standard and specialized tools and equipment including mobile equipment, pendant and overhead cranes and forklifts.
As a Maintenance Technician Electrical, you will install, maintain, repair, and operate a broad range of electrical systems and electrical equipment in a heavy industrial environment to maintain continuous operations.
• Troubleshoot, install, maintain, and repair a broad range of electrical and electronic systems and equipment using schematics, AC/DC systems, and PLC’s.
• Provide assistance in operating functions as necessary.
• May work alone with minimal supervision or with other maintenance technicians.
• Work in various areas of the plant locations is required. Dependent upon the area, environmental conditions can be hot, cold, dirty, greasy, wet, and noisy. Requirements:
• A minimum of 1 year of manufacturing and/or industrial experience (including relevant experience gained in military service) or equivalent education. This includes experience in any of the following: industrial electronics, motors and controls, schematics and electrical power, print reading, computers and PLC’s, electronics, AC/DC theory, power, test instruments and instrumentation, electrical maintenance, commercial construction and installation.
• High School Diploma or GED
• The position requires rotating 8 hour shift work, which will include Saturdays and Sundays, and holidays.
• The position requires overtime work as needed.
• Adherence to safety procedures/guidelines at all times. Safety is our core value which requires you to wear safety protection such as hard hats, safety glasses, hearing protection, protective clothing, and boots with metatarsal protection.
• The position requires punctuality, consistent attendance and self direction for the success of the operations.
• Must pass assessment test(s)Auto req ID:10465BRCountry:United StatesRequisition Type:US-WagePosting Title:Maintenance Technician - ElectricalState/Province:US - INWork Location - City:Gary Company Overview:Steel is essential to advancing modern society. In fact, countless aspects of our lives wouldn’t be possible without it. From state-of-the-art household appliances and safer, more fuel-efficient automobiles — to steel framing that makes our homes stronger and tubular products that support the development of our nation’s energy resources — our products build quality of life for people around the world. U. S. Steel is on an exciting transformational journey to become the iconic corporation — a company set apart from the competition through the talent of our people, the quality of our product, and the strength of our performance. We are seeking talented, motivated people to help us create the next generation of U. S. Steel, known for consistently out-performing the competition, delivering superior returns, and creating value for our customers as a world-class supplier of innovative steel products and solutions.Competency Summary:Think: Think Critically and Drive Change
Lead: Develop Talent and Collaborate
Do: Empower Performance and Deliver ResultsEqual Employment Opportunity:U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit www.ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)