Aerotek QA Specialist I in Greendale, Indiana
As a QA Specialist I, you will be responsible for auditing the products and processes at various points in the areas of production and packaging to ensure adherence to company quality standards. Communicate any deviations to management. Assist the Quality Assurance team with special projects as required. Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Conduct thorough and detailed quality audits of lines to ensure products meet established quality standards.
• Equipment verification including metal detector, x-ray, scales, etc.
• Audit paperwork of operators to ensure they are meeting quality standards
• Report any deviations to QA Supervisor with complete appropriate details.
• Report any housekeeping issues that need attention.
• Document all areas of non-compliance and ensure corrective action to eliminate them.
• Work with Production and Packaging Managers, Supervisors, and hourly associates on daily issues and problems
• Utilize computer to enter and track result data
• Comply with SQF, Food Safety Plan (HACCP), Food Quality Plan (FQP) standards.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance to FDA and cGMP standards for Quality Control, including continuous training.
• Responsible for ensuring Dietary Supplement’s Identity, Purity, Strength and Quality.
• Participate in all necessary training is required to successfully perform job responsibilities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Quality assurance, quality control, lab technician, food science, GMP, titration, HPLC, ph, Quality inspect, Quality check
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• For business and safety reasons, you must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in written English.
• High School Diploma. BS in Food Science or related life science major is preferred.
• 1+ year of experience working within a manufacturing setting
• Attention to detail
• Self starter and must be able to work independently with minimum supervision
• Able to assert yourself effectively
• Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to develop cross functional and multinational relationships to support interaction with various internal customers.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to read and follow documents (Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods)
• Knowledge of GMP and Quality systems
• Knowledge of spoken Spanish is a plus
Monday-Friday 3rd shift: 9:00pm-5:30am
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs