The Mentor Network Behavior Specialist Masters Level in Indianapolis, Indiana
Behavior Specialist Masters Level Primary Location: IN-INIndianapolis-HR/IN Indianapolis, Marion Function: Behavioral/Mental Health Professional Indiana MENTOR
Indiana MENTOR is seeking a Behavior Specialistto serve theIndianapolis area. We offer a supportiveteam environment, career advancement opportunities, and a family-orientedculture to complement our benefits package.
About Indiana MENTOR, apartner of The MENTOR Network:
Indiana MENTOR offershome and community-based services to children and adults with intellectual anddevelopmental disabilities, as well as autism spectrum disorders, mental healthchallenges, physical disabilities with complex medical needs and brain injury.With program locations throughout the area, Indiana MENTOR offers a range ofresidential services with supports tailored to the needs of each individual aswell as hourly support and respite services designed to allow each individualto be as independent as possible.
A Behavior Specialist willimplement the treatmentplan for our individuals by providing individual and/or group support andintervention. May perform assessments and evaluations, then develop a plan andteach based on the assessment. May also assist with the intake process.
- Directs program participant contact in effecting behavioral change, primarily in the area of activities of daily living, behavior management and social skills.
- Works with supervisors in the development, implementation, maintenance, and generalization of behavioral change. Maintains the use of least restrictive treatment guidelines in the implementation of Behavioral Techniques.
- Provides Behavioral Therapy and Active Treatment programming in the residence job site, and within the community on an individual or group basis. Submits weekly logs indicating objectives, strategies, and results obtained.
- Consults with staff, insurance providers, lawyers, service providers post-discharge, and family on treatment recommendations and progress. Participates in family education and therapy as needed.
- Participates in treatment planning with the trans-disciplinary team and attends pre-admission meetings as requested. Serves as a member on the rehabilitation team.
- Ensures evaluation, progress, and discharge reports on each program participant are provided in a timely manner. Completes daily billing summaries on a timely basis.
- Assists in coordination of behavioral programming within all living settings, community settings, and vocational sites as necessary.
- Consults with and/or trains staff in behavioral techniques. Oversees work and trains BIT intern and practicum students.
- Ensures adherence to accreditation standards and ethics of confidentiality.
- Participates in Behavioral Research Projects with the facility and Crisis Intervention System (Beeper Team).
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Indiana MENTOR offers a comprehensive benefitspackage:
- GenerousPaid Time Off Schedule
- PaidTime Off
We also support the non-traditionalbenefits of:
- PaidTraining at hire and throughout employment
- Oneof the largest national networks of human service providers
- Opportunitiesfor advancement both locally and nationally
Wehave a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong andsupportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Indiana MENTOR is a partnerof The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a nationalnetwork of local human service providers offering quality, community-basedservices. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join TheMENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide qualityof life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Comejoin our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!