Gardant Management Solutions Community Assistant in Indianapolis, Indiana
Under the supervision of the Administrator or designee, the Community Assistant performs various tasks, activities and non-clinical services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.:
- Provide assistance to assigned residents with the activities of daily living in accordance with the residents individualized service plan. Such responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to, dining support, encourage eating and hydration, and social reassurance.
- Restock supplies
- Assist residents in wheelchairs to/from events (bathing, etc.)
- Take menu/orders from residents
- 1-on-1 with resident to enhance socialization
- Apply/remove glasses and hearing aids to residents
- Makes Beds
- Responds to call lights
- Assists with feeding non-choking or non-aspiration risk residents
- Completes errands for the resident
- Performs personal care such as combing hair or washing faces/hands
- Cuts food, assists with set up of meal, and provides assistance during meals, as needed.
- Stays with resident while in the bathroom to free up Certified staff to do other tasks while waiting to transfer
- Assists with dietary services such as delivering meals to resident rooms.
- Performs light housekeeping duties such as dusting, disinfecting and washing windows.
- Performs laundry functions such as washing, drying and folding clothes.
- Deliver mail or other items such as water, snacks etc. to resident’s rooms.
- Document, on a daily basis, as to resident assistance activities and resident status in accordance with community policy.
- Fulfills the following responsibilities:
- Receives report and assignment when coming on duty and gives report on assigned duties
- Is aware of resident needs for social and psychological support.
- Is aware of and adheres to Resident’s Bill of Rights and confidentiality of resident information.
- Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law.
- Attend mandatory in-service training programs.
- Knows his/her Assigned Supervisor and directs concerns to that Supervisor.
- Maintain a safe working environment and adhere to community safety program at all times.:
Summary of Qualifications:
Able to perform each of the essential position functions. Applicants for this position must meet one of the following conditions:
Must complete a specialized training program and successfully complete a Competency Exam.
Enrollment in an approved CNA Training Program is encouraged.
Be at least 18 years of age.
Complete at least eight years of grade school or provide proof of equivalent knowledge. High School graduates are preferred.
Must be able to perform each of the essential position functions and meet health assessment requirements including a two-step mantoux skin test.
Complete the background checks.
Able to read, understand and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Must be able to follow oral and written directions and work independently in the absence of supervision.: