Airgas Usa LLC Inside Sales Associate in Indianapolis, Indiana
*Airgas USA, LLC *
_Inside Sales Associate_
Benefits – Consistent Hours – Stability
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas!
Airgas USA, LLC, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,400 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, a world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.Airgas’ customer base includes but is not limited to: manufacturing, health care, construction, energy, hospitality, food service, and many more.
JOB SUMMARY:* *
Sells products to business and industrial customers, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Take customer orders and processing paperwork, to include:
• Daily input of invoices and the release of cash and charge registers,
• Daily deposits of cash receipts in the bank, monitoring accounts receivable and performing branch collection activities
• Daily transmission of branch purchase orders and delivery tickets for branch purchases to accounts payable for processing.
• Weekly monitoring of the open order reports and customer back orders.
• Resolving customer problems and complaints
• Providing price and delivery information to customers.
• Explaining products and product applications to customers
• Preparing customer quotations
• Preparing customer follow-up calls on: Quotes, Inquiries, Order status (back orders), Problems
• Responsible for maintaining appropriate records and reports, and to contribute and or communicate appropriate information to Account Managers and other employees within the company as appropriate or necessary.
• Assist in warehousing activities as required, including, but not limited to: Receiving merchandise, processing inter-company transfers, stocking warehouse and showroom shelves, interacting with purchasing department to ensure stock levels are sufficient to meet customer needs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid class B commercial driver’s license with Hazmat endorsement is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be physically capable of handling compressed gas cylinders weighing in excess of 60 lbs. The successful applicant must be highly flexible to changes within the work environment. Must be able to juggle work requirements efficiently, accurately, and handle customer traffic in and out of the Branch. Computer skills preferred or the ability to learn and operate a computer using the CU System. Must demonstrate a high standard of quality service to the customer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Inside Sales Associate
Requisition ID: 32684