TEKsystems IT Product Owner in Indianapolis, Indiana
**This is a PROACTIVE posting on behalf of our customers**
**Must be local to Indianapolis, IN**
**Must be able to convert full time with customer on W2 basis**
We're looking for a talented Product Owner to join our team, someone who understands the big picture but can dive into the details. Someone who can understand what's possible, make a plan, prioritize work, and lead Scrum teams to deliver great products.
The Product Owner works daily with a Product Manager, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, technical lead, UX specialist, software engineers, operations staff and customers. The Product Owner is a leader on the Scrum team and has four primary responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor, and guide a team to create a self-motivated, customer-centric, quality-driven environment for developing products.
- Translate product management vision and your detailed knowledge of our customers' needs into stories that developers can use to build world-class products.
- Maintain and ruthlessly prioritize a backlog of stories - with an intense focus on delivering business value! Must be able to say "no" to stakeholders!
- Be comfortable digging into some technical detail with software developers to help evaluate the merit of various approaches to delivering product capabilities.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Product Owner in a software development environment.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum, or SAFe.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products.
- Able to comprehend the business context and market problem that drive the building of a product.
- Able to evaluate and foresee how proposed technical solutions will impact the product.
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated collaboration, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical and creative problem-solver.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs