TEKsystems IT Project Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
**This is a PROACTIVE posting on behalf of our customers**
**Must be local to Indianapolis, IN**
**Must be able to convert full time with customer on W2 basis**
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, stand-up meetings, sprint and release planning, and other agile development related activities.
- Assists project teams with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Participates proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Maintains relevant metrics to show management how Development Teams are progressing.
- Works to remove any impediments that are preventing forward movement on projects.
- Work as part of the IT management team.
- Manage scope, cost, schedule and deliverables, apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control and risk management.
- Create, track and report on technical project time-lines throughout the system development life cycle.
- Track change requests, work with internal project resources in all departments to obtain required estimates and approvals.
- Monitor and manage efforts of cross-functional project teams product management, engineering, QA, system analysts, data analytics, software quality analysts, technical support
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in business or engineering fields.
- Possession of a graduate degree is a plus.
- Consumer web industry experience strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience as a project manager or development manager for a consumer web technology organization.
- PMI and PMP certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience in agile development process, web based software products and quick release cycles.
- Knowledge of software development and project management processes.
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc) with technical and non-technical staff, 3rdparty contractors and with customers/prospects in a professional manner.
- Ability to organize information and have attention to detail and accurately follow procedures.
- Skills in coordinating activities, active listening, and monitoring performance of the teams.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritization.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently and in team environments.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs