Aerotek KIT Production Associate in Indianapolis, Indiana
The KIT Production (KP) department builds kits for clinical trails research.. Candidates will rotate between 3-4 jobs throughout the day (they switch jobs every 3 hours). The "Kit Cell" is the easiest of the jobs. They will stand in their own individual space with a computer screen and about 200 small bins surrounding them. The computer will tell them the order, there will be a red light that illuminates the location of the bin, and the builder will pick that item and pack into the box. When the box is complete, they will CAREFULLY label the box in the correct area, and put it onto a rolling conveyor that brings the box to shipping. NEARLY ALL NEW HIRES INTO KP SPEND 4-6 WEEKS IN "KIT CELL". It is very stationary job.
Overall - this job is EXTREMELY SIMPLE. Candidates need to be ready to stand for 12 hours (some days, but not all), and have good attention to detail. They are aloud to wear headphones in some areas, and rotate around once they trained to keep things different.
B. Essential Job Duties:
Level 1 Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
Popular Pick / Deep Catalog Responsibilities
• Must be able to access Exacta database.
• Maintain visual alertness of bin lights to select correct parts.
• Follow computerized instructions on number of parts to select.
• Continually checking the computer screens for acceptance of scans and potential no reads.
• Address routine issues that arise with printers and ribbons on printing devices.
• Problem solving when system issues arise.
• Accountable for checking expiration and lot information on any items pulled against what is loaded in the data base.
• Ability to access Exacta data base.
• Verifies completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Identify completeness of order by scanning in totes.
• Identify if order contains Hazmat items.
• Retrieve bulk items from locations.
• Maintain pack stations printers knowledge of how to load ribbon and labels.
• Knowledge on how to address routine issues that may arise with equipment.
• Visual alertness to acceptance of scans and potential errors.
• Knowledge of all proper shipping material boxes and foams.
• Knowledge of how to access computer screens to check correctness of supplies.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes and totes with supplies.
• Ability to operate pallet jacks and move skids of supplies.
• Identification of cleared totes after packaging.
Pick Kit Assembly
• Ability to access Exacta data base and print out information needed.
• Knowledge of kit design and box size codes.
• Accountability for accurately reading finishing instructions and manually assembling kits from loaded instructions.
• Acknowledgement of kits in the PKA area, check in and check out.
• Problem solving when system issues arise.
• Ability to identify priority work and process it by using data base screens.
• Must adhere to all company training, company policies, procedures and perform all departmental and interdepartmental SOP’s as written.
• Generate an appropriate audit trail of all activities and maintains own training file and required documentation.
• Attention to detail.
• Maintain high productivity standards and quality standards. Alert management of any potential quality issues.
• Ensure work areas are kept clean and all safety measures are being followed.
• High volume and high production environment.
• Repetitive motion via labeling tubes and using computer terminal.
• Must be able to stand long periods of time.
shipping, assembly, labeling, inventory, kit production, Production, Packaging, Packing, Assembly, Inspection
Top Skills Details:
packing, kit production, healthcare assembly
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to stand on feet for 12 hour shift. There are times during the shift where one can sit down and work, but this is NOT GUARANTEED on a given day/week.
Experience working in a fast paced environment, preferred on their feet.
Ability to work 3rd shift if they have interest in going FTE
MUST wear mask for entire shift, except in CELL area where social distancing is possible. This is due to mayors order for Marian county.
- Inability to stand for FULL 12 hour shift
This job is all about GSI. Are you ready to work a repetitive and some would say boring job that is the same every single day? While standing all day?
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs