Indiana University Health Patient Care Resident-Flat Rate in Indianapolis, Indiana
The Patient Care Resident (PCR) works under the direction of the registered nurse (RN) as a non-licensed team member. As a non-licensed team member, the PCR provides care to designated patients and supports the patient care team. Job duties include observation of the registered nurse, provision of activities of daily living, mobility assistance, continuous observation including suicide prevention, and ensuring the patient's surroundings are clean and orderly.
• Requires incumbent be a graduate from a nationally accredited nursing program. For example, the Accreditation Commission For Education in Nursing (ACEN) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
• Incumbent will sit for the NCLEX exam within six-months of hire into this job with no more than two NCLEX exam attempts without passing/success.
• Requires current Basic Life Support certification through the AHA or attainment at the completion of the IU Health PCA education program. Other advanced life support certifications may be required per unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
• Requires knowledge of care appropriate to the age and developmental level of the patients served.
• Requires ability to apply the organization's personnel policies and procedures.
• Requires up to date knowledge of procedures and standards related to patient care activities.
• Requires proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills.
• Requires constant mental awareness and the ability to withstand a high level of tension and stress.
• Requires ability to maintain concentration when subjected to frequent and varied interruptions and variable noise levels. ,Requires ability to set priorities and manage a high workload within a limited time for completion.
• Requires knowledge of procedures; equipment; software and standards related to patient care activities that non-licensed role performs (for example PCA/PCR/PCI).
• Requires knowledge of principles of infection control.
• Requires ability to perform physically demanding; repetitious movements.
• Requires ability to read and perform basic math.
• Requires ability to organize tasks and attend to details.
• Requires knowledge of principles of good personal hygiene and aseptic techniques to prevent infection of patients; self; and others. REQNUMBER: 307561