Oracle Senior Support Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Work with Oracle's world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle's global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, assist with the analyze of existing complex programs and formulate logic for new complex internal systems. Prepare flowcharting, perform coding, and test/debug programs. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. BS or equivalent experience in programming on enterprise or department servers or systems.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing world-class team to engineer, implement, and operate cutting edge systems built on Oracle and Open Source technologies that make up Oracle Cloud Core Framework solutions.
Do you enjoy the thrill of solving problems? Are you calm and collected when others panic at a sight of a fire? Are you looking to apply your skills contributing to a next generation of global platform services? Do you light up in conversations about uptime, horizontal scalability, performance, security, agile and DevOps?
As part of the global Oracle Cloud Strategic Solutions Engineering team, you will be continually challenged and have an opportunity to contribute to solution success every day.
The role provides a mixture of production platform ownership as well as engineering. You will solve challenging technical problems, identify improvements and work on implementing your recommendations. You will also work directly with high-level developers on projects and work to blur the lines between traditional system operations and development support.
As a Service Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for defining and deploying key Services with deep focus on architecture, production operations, capacity planning, performance management, deployment, and release engineering. You will work with multiple cross-functional teams helping deliver new and outstanding experiences to our stakeholders while ensuring reliability and performance.
In this role, you will need to:
· Take ownership of the architecture, analysis, design, implementation and production operations of a wide array of Core System Framework solutions
· React to production deficiencies by continuously implementing automation, self-healing, and real-time monitoring to production systems
· Be a strong contributor to development of platform services including architecture, provisioning, configuration, deployment, and support
· Partner with the distributed team in prototyping new platform services
· Stay informed of new technologies
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Experience in managing infrastructure/applications built on any two of the following technology groups
· Oracle Fusion Middleware stack especially WebLogic, SOA or any other J2EE application servers, Web Servers etc. Need to have good hands-on with deep insights into the JVM internals with ability to have them monitored via automation
· Oracle Database Technology including RAC, Data guard, Exadata and ASM/RMAN etc. Need to continuously support application teams with performance tuning and automate any reports required from DB
· Demonstrated operations experience with Linux platform (i.e. RHEL, OEL) including administration, management, and troubleshooting
· Wide array of technologies for scripted and orchestrated automation
· Open Source Technology - Hadoop, Cassandra, Big Data, and Docker etc.
· Strong communication and analytical skills
· Able to accurately estimate efforts and deliver on time
· Experience with agile processes and general understanding of product development
· Understanding and experience with CI/CD practices
· Familiarity with security practices in web application delivery
· Deep understanding of virtualization solutions and Cloud services
· Strong knowledge of Linux-based OS internals
· Software Development Experience
· Experience with configuration management tools
· Strong knowledge of internet protocols
· Experience in troubleshooting network services
· Demonstrated capability in designing, implementing or supporting high performance and large scale systems
· Scripting knowledge in perl/shell/python etc
Desired Skills and Experience
· Prior experience as a Cloud Operations Engineer or DevOps Engineer
· Development background in any discipline is highly desirable
· Experience in troubleshooting performance problems across Network, Web Tier, Mid-Tier and Database
· Experience with automated service deployment tools
· Experience with automated configuration management tools (like Chef, Ansible)
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Senior Support Engineer
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 2100019Y
- Oracle Jobs