Dow Chemical Synthetic Radiochemist-Process Chemistry in Indianapolis, Indiana
Corteva Agriscience™,Agriculture Division ofDowDuPont™has an exciting opportunity forSynthetic Radiochemist-Process Chemistryposition.
The primary responsibility of this position is the synthesis and purification of carbon-14 radiolabeled molecules to support registration of new and existing Corteva™ products. This position requires expertise in modern synthetic methodologies as new synthetic routes will often be required. Other responsibilities for this position include identification and synthesis of metabolites as well as synthesis of stable-isotope labeled compounds (15N, 13C, 2H) to support advancement decisions and registration studies.
• Synthesize and purify carbon-14 radiolabeled molecules to support registration of new and existing Corteva™ products
• Work with Discovery and Development R&D project teams to partner with and coordinate supply of isotopically labeled compounds for use in environmental fate/metabolism and toxicology studies
• Provide synthetic expertise, problem solving and develop synthetic routes and chemical processes to molecules and intermediates to support the advance of agrochemicals within our discovery pipeline.
• Communicate effectively cross-functionally within Corteva Agriscience R&D and demonstrate progress of projects and timelines to diverse team members and stakeholders.
• Conduct and evaluate experiments using appropriate safety guidelines consistent with safety practices
• Reading and writing technical reports and specifications and maintaining appropriate records
• BS/MS organic chemistry
• Radiochemistry experience is highly preferred
• A thorough knowledge of modern separation methods (e.g., flash chromatography, HPLC) and spectroscopic identification techniques (e.g., 1D & 2D NMR, MS, LC/MS, GC/MS & IR) is required
• A proven track record of solving complex synthetic challenges would be an advantage
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required for interfacing with other DAS research organizations, serving on cross-functional teams, and communicating progress of projects and timelines to team members.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and effectively interact with key stakeholders and peers
• Accept responsibility and take ownership of projects
• Maintain flexibility to accommodate urgent projects
• Constantly focus on new ways to achieve innovative solutions
• Drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation
• A serious safety focus and attention to detail are necessary in this role.
• A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available
for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
We are excited to announce thatCorteva Agriscience™is the name of the new Agriculture Division ofDowDuPont™.We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and
digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system. At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based
innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at: www.dow-dupont.com. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin,ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at: http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1 800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile
request to 1 989-636-3674.
Synthetic Radiochemist-Process Chemistry