Lockheed Martin Outreach Professional / Sales / Trade Ally / Merrillville, IN in Merrillville, Indiana
Description: Lockheed Martin Energy is seeking an Outreach Professional to join the NIPSCO Residential Programs team. The primary role of this position will be to develop a strong trade ally network and implement outreach and education strategies to increase participation in NIPSCO’s Residential Energy Efficiency Programs. Candidates must possess strong outreach skills, knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, and an understanding of the energy, environmental and economic landscape of the state. The successful candidate will successfully develop outreach strategies and manage the project life-cycle, deliver on gas and electric energy savings targets, and ensure that trade ally’s and customers are satisfied with their experience of the program.
• Develop an outreach plan for the NIPSCO Residential Portfolio of Programs and provide excellent account management for a network of trade ally’s throughout the NIPSCO service territory.
• Provide one on one assistance to customers and contractors regarding their energy savings opportunities and how to utilize the NIPSCO offerings.
• Assist in developing outreach strategies to address specific sectors and markets.
• Provide sector intelligence by analyzing and summarizing data and trends within given markets, and identifying opportunities to engage with these sectors.
• Manage and track Trade Ally’s and project opportunities utilizing the programs CRM database.
• Report against established benchmarks for key measures such as meetings, events, and kWh and therm savings goals.
• Attend tradeshows and events as necessary, to promote and educate contractors and customers in the NIPSCO service territory.
• Perform incentive review and payment processing using Lockheed Martin’s proprietary CRM system.
• Exhibits professional demeanor and top-notch customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• PC, keyboarding, and typing/data entry proficiency.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Must be able to create/maintain relationships and work effectively and collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
• High level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates ability to handle multiple projects and changing priorities.
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet frequent deadlines.
• The ability to perform assigned or self-initiated activities to a successful conclusion.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
• The ability to work as a team member and independently with little direction.
• Anticipate needs and exercise seasoned professional judgment.
• Willingness to learn and adapt to new responsibilities.
• Proactive, self-motivated high performer who emanates a positive attitude and energy.
• Team player who will deliver results effectively and efficiently utilizing resourcefulness, a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
• Responsible for leading and conducting the development, enhancement, and maintenance of organizational relationships with distributors, contractors, retailers, and builders.
• Travel to trade ally/market actor locations with the goal of driving program performance, building rapport, and solidifying connection(s).
• Serve as go-to resource and conduit between the NIPSCO Residential Program and the Trade Ally network.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge about the market activity, trends, and products
• Demonstrate ability to accurately predict market activity based on in-depth knowledge of past activity and developments with the market.
• Oversee outreach plans for new programs (program launch) and existing programs
• Leverage data from outreach analysis to determine where the company needs to focus outreach efforts.
• Review program-level statistics, market and economic data, and regulatory activity to determine sales potential and monitor performance trends; provide recommendations to move forward
• Staff development and management including; balancing direct reports workload, ensuring accountability and compliance, performance evaluations, and defining professional growth and development.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Experience in energy efficiency preferred, but not required.
• SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus.
Education and Experience Minimums
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, management, business or related degree
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Outreach, Sales, Account Management or a related field
• Experience with energy efficiency or energy efficient products is desired
• Sales experience is a plus
• Experience working with a sales CRM is highly preferred
• Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Solid problem-solving capabilities
• Creativity and attention to detail
• Team player with positive attitude and ability to work effectively with different teams
• Proven track record of translating technical messages for diverse audiences
• Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% of the time within Northern Indiana
• Reliable transportation required
• Must be able to meet the requirements to drive for company business
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.