Siemens Maintenance Technician in Mishawaka, Indiana
Maintenance Technician provides the primary troubleshooting, repair and maintenance functions for the production lines. Monitoring of machine operations and product rejects is critical to maintain product quality and operational efficiency. Knowledge of mechanical systems including hydraulics, pneumatics, drive mechanisms, basic electrical circuits, is critical for troubleshooting and overall maintenance of production efficiencies. Sound technical judgment and cooperative teamwork with other technical specialists, operators and management are required. Employees within this classification will be required to be a journeyman or eight years of relevant experience.
Perform the following routine duties:
• Observes machine operation, control screens, and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) to detect potential manufacturing problems. Monitors the yield and utilization and inspects scrap for potential problems. Makes necessary adjustments to ensure maximum product quality and manufacturing efficiency.
• Troubleshoots manufacturing systems and components including pneumatics, hydraulics and basic electrical elements. Makes necessary repairs and adjustments by applying knowledge of gears, levers, cams, pulleys, lubrication, force, heaters, chillers, dies, thermal and fluid dynamics, pressure, etc.
• Completes repairs and adjustments by disassembling and reassembling equipment using tow motors, all types of hand tools, hoists and rigging devices. May refer to mechanical and electrical prints and pictorial diagrams when making repairs. Reads measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers and tape measures to .001 to ensure adjustments are accurate and within specifications, multimeters for basic electrical troubleshooting.
• Performs regular preventive maintenance on manufacturing equipment. Rebuilds and reconditions equipment to ensure that replacements are readily available.
• Occasionally fabricates replacement, production, and prototype parts using machine tools such as lathes, mills, surface grinders, etc.
• Use electric and/or gas equipment to weld, braze, heat, form, cut and fuse.
• Collaborates and works cooperatively with fellow machinist, operators, electricians, engineers and management personnel to ensure efficient operations. Participates in change-over and start-up procedures so that necessary specifications and calibrations are maintained.
• Adheres to safety requirements including lock-out, tag-out procedures when performing repairs and making adjustments. Remains alert to possible safety issues by frequent visual inspection of machine operation and the work environment. Performs 5S housekeeping to maintain a safe, neat and hazard free workspace. Wears required personal protective equipment (PPE) and sanitary coverings (smock, hair net, etc.) to comply with health standards.
• Exercises sound judgment and decision making when performing adjustments to manufacturing equipment. Uses available resources efficiently by knowing when to consult with electricians, engineers, etc. in order to troubleshoot and/or repair equipment. When manufacturing problems occur, works with maximum efficiency and urgency to restore the line to working order.
• Documents repair processes and machine adjustments for future reference either manually or electronically in accordance to process. Conveys status of operations and repairs to fellow machinist and management personnel on other shifts.
• Will be required to assist other Machinists in areas they are qualified to perform in.
• Start, run, and shutdown equipment when necessary to make adjustments and troubleshoot potential problems.
• Participate in all Continuous Improvement, such as Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities to implement improvements to maintain or increase equipment efficiency.
• Reports use of all maintenance and repair parts removed from the stockroom utilizing established protocols. Requisition equipment and parts not currently in stock to complete assigned tasks. Identify and recommend critical spare parts for new or existing equipment.
• Follow all applicable procedures to reflect current operations and adhere to OSHA, GMP and ISO guidelines.
• Troubleshoot and/or change low-voltage (50Vand below) electrical devices (i.e. proximity switches, “plug and play” type devices), and perform other re-cabling functions (i.e. robot dressing)
• Perform motor changes (disconnect and connect) of 50V and below, disconnect and move out switches.
• Complete basic electrical adjustments and/or replacement of low voltage electrical parts (50V and below)
• Handle hazardous waste as required.
• Maintain training and perform the functions ordinarily performed by and assigned to operators as required or assigned including, but not limited to:
o Material movement
o Open and unpack materials and load and unload machine
o Stopping and starting of the machine
o Quality checks
o Batch record documentation
• Perform any and all work assigned by supervisor.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/OFCCP/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf) .
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here (https://new.siemens.com/us/en/general/legal/us-internet-privacy-notice-state-rights.html) .
- Siemens Jobs