Trinity Health School Nurse - School Health Services Program - Part Time (Benefited) in Mishawaka, Indiana
Minimum: $18.11 - Maximum: $27.17
Facilitates and strengthens and the educational process by improving and protecting the health status of children and by identifying and assisting in the removal or modification of health-related barriers to the learning process for the individual child.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety, and medical information.
- Promotes and protects the optimal health status of children by providing health assessments and develops and implements health plans.
- Maintains, evaluates, and interprets cumulative health data to accommodate health needs of the students.
- Participates as the health team specialist on the child education evaluation team to develop the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Participates in home visits (not to be done alone) to assess the family’s needs as related to the child’s heath.
- Develops procedures and provides for crisis intervention for acute illness, injury and emotional disturbances.
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases through preventative immunization programs, early detection, surveillance and reporting contagious diseases.
- Assists with health education of the students and staff at designated schools. Provides leadership and/or support for wellness programs.
- Coordinates school and community health activities and serves as a liaison between SJHS, school and community. Serves as a resource person for promoting health careers.
- Engages in research and evaluation of SHS acting as a change agent for school health programs and school nursing practices.
- Assists in formation of health policies, goals and objectives for the school.
- Prepares reports and other documents as required or assigned. Attends staff meetings.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of accredited school of professional nursing ADN, Diploma, or BSN. Bachelors preferred. Licensure: RN Indiana license. Experience: 3 years nursing experience in a school setting is preferred. Other Job Requirements: Ability to communicate appropriately with students, parents, school staff, and SHS staff is required. Demonstration of interpersonal skills necessary for communication with media, visitors, and community partnership representatives required. Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Job Number: 00129447
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Organization Name: Saint Joseph Health System
Facility: SJHS - Mishawaka Medical Center
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift