Indiana University Health Lab Manager (Arnett) in Monticello, Indiana
The Lab Manager at Arnett Lab assists the Director in planning, directing and overall operation of the area. Effectively manages assigned team members in a manner consistent with organizational policies and values. Manages ongoing analysis, development, and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services and functions. Ensures compliance with all applicable quality and accreditation standards within the assigned areas or region. Provides for effective monitoring and financial management of assigned areas. Develops protocols for division and department. Develops methods for testing and provides appropriate input for selection of equipment.
FULL TIME DAYS
• Bachelors in medical technology, chemical, physical or biological science is required.
• Masters in medical technology, clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical, or biological science preferred.
•Requires 5-7 years of training/experience in high complexity testing in the respective specialty.
• Requires appropriate certification by ASCP, AMT, NCA or equivalent certification.
• Requires comprehensive background in supervision.
• Requires ability to deal with multiple laboratory needs within the division.
• Requires extensive knowledge about computers and use of various software programs.
• Requires familiarity with automated and non-automated testing equipment.
• Requires knowledge of state and federal regulations.
• Requires ability to plan and manage the utilization of resources.
• May be required to travel.