Indiana University Health Technologist-Echo Cardiac (Ball Memorial Hospital, Non-Invasive Cardiology) in Muncie, Indiana
Performs, administers & monitors Cardio-Diagnostict tests with primary emphasis on cardiac sonography and doppler studies. Administers all Cardio-Diagnostic tests. Provides physician with preliminary findings of recorded data through monitoring and performing the necessary calculations, in a timely fashion while demonstrating the appropriate knowledge and skills necessary to work with patients from pediatric through geriatric. Follows physician's instructions, prepares and operates equipment and positions patients correctly in order to record the requested diagnostic images. Treats patients with care and respect.
• Basic Life Support certification required.
• May be required to be registered by the American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT).
• Requires active status as a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or RCS through CCI within one year of starting position.
• Pass written exam for Basic EKG interpretation with score >85% initially and repeat yearly.
• Requires ability to maneuver equipment and improvise positions when the condition of the patient does not permit routine positioning.
• License from Indiana State Department of Health, if applicable.
• Minimum of one year of experience in Echocardiography, preferred. REQNUMBER: 304198