University of Notre Dame Senior Office Coordinator in Notre Dame, Indiana
The University Relations Senior Office Coordinator performs a diverse set of advanced reception and administrative duties requiring strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills. He/she serves as the primary receptionist for the Office of the Vice President for University Relations and the Office of the Vice President for Public Affairs and Communications. There is significant interaction with University leadership, trustees, officers, alumni, benefactors, students, faculty and staff on a daily basis. Candidate will be the point of contact for all facility-related issues. Candidate must have the ability to adapt to new situations and contexts. Some of the receptionist duties include answering multiple telephone lines for the office suite, greeting guests, scheduling meetings and the conference room, and receiving/distributing departmental mail/packages. Candidate must also be able to assist with maintaining/updating several databases and answer a broad range of questions related to the University in general. Candidate must posses senior level executive office experience and is responsible for the highest level of professionalism and hospitality for the office. Candidate will work with highly confidential information and manage the accurate distribution of confidential documents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering and referring calls, welcoming visitors, and processing mail for University Relations and Office of Public Affairs and Communication. Establish an enthusiastic, warm, welcoming and professional environment that is regarded for its hospitality and responsiveness. Interact with officers, trustees, alumni, benefactors, students, faculty and staff, requiring a high degree of energy, professionalism, courtesy and interpersonal skill. Management of conference room schedule for meetings based on availability and size of meetings.
- Purchases supplies and materials necessary for operations of office. Serves as liaison to other University departments including the Office of the President, Provost, Finance, Investments, Business Affairs, and Colleges to assure timely communication and efficient processing of information and forms. Manages a variety of special projects in support of donor and alumni relations, and employee functions. Oversee the courier program and manage all office keys. Coordinate maintenance and supplies for copy machine and overall functionality of the office.
- Assist in managing student employees in the office including daily workflow and project schedules. Monitor and approve student employee hours and pay increases. Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new students as needed each semester. Manage temporary employees for front desk coverage as needed.
- Field a broad range of questions from donors, alumni and business partners using resource materials on hand, University Relations website, Notre Dame website, Advance database and general internet searches to answer questions with clarity and confidence.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 to 6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with officers, trustees, faculty, staff, etc.
- Exhibit a high level of enthusiasm and demonstrated ethic of service and hospitality. Integrity and trustworthiness in handling sensitive and confidential information and materials.
- Strong organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects while maintaining a positive, courteous and helpful demeanor.
- Detail oriented, with an ability to proofread for spelling, documentation and punctuation. Good judgment to make decisions in a timely manner in the absence of Assistant Vice President, Officer Assistant, and Vice President.
- Working knowledge of office equipment and all current computer applications and technology. Proficient in Word, Access, WP, Excel, Power Point. Ability to effectively manage multiple student workers.
Job Title: Senior Office Coordinator
Department: Office of VP-University Relations (18000)
Family / Sub-Family: General Admin / Dept Admin
Career Stream/Level: NIC 3 Technician
Department Hiring Pay Range: $13.34 - $16.82 / $27,734 - $35,000
Pay ID: Bi-Weekly
FLSA Status: S3 - FT Non-exempt Hourly
Job Category: Administrator/Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Job Posting Date (Campus): 11/08/2018
Job Posting Date (Public): 11/08/2018
Job Closing Date: 11/23/2018
Posting Type: Current Regular University Employees Only
Posting Number: S18900
Quick Link for Internal Postings: http://jobs.nd.edu/postings/14684