Berry Global AMO (After Molding Operations) Material Technician in PRINCETON, Indiana
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13billionin revenue for fiscalyear 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over290manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents,and employs over48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Berry Global offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Company-paid life insurance
401(k) retirement plan with a company match
Paid vacations and holidays
Profit Sharing Bonus
Perfect Attendance Bonus
The AMO Material Technician brings correct and sufficient amounts of materials to the machines, controls scrap, and operates lining and assembly machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Ensures safety procedures are followed at all times and actively works to maintain a safe work environment.
· Coordinates daily order schedule with department lead
· Communicates with outgoing and oncoming shifts about production, safety and quality concerns, as well as, communicates with associates in other departments as needed to ensure efficient and safe operations
· Operates assembly and lining machines
· Ensures machines run at a standard rate
· Performs order changes and line clearances
· Monitors assigned machines throughout the entire shift
· Performs quality, production, and safety checks and accurately records results in data acquisition software
· Inspects machines and equipment to ensure safety and quality standards are maintained
· Supplies WIP, liner, glue, packaging supplies, and other materials to machines
· Assists AMO MC/Setup with machine startups and shutdowns
· Creates production labels
· Reports scrap and recyclable materials in detail; disposes of scrap and recyclable materials
· Keeps work area clean and utilizes 5S principles to keep assigned area clean and organized
· Ensures scrap is properly identified
· Maintains cGMP and quality standards
· Follows applicable Food Safety and cGMP policies
· Assists in the training of fellow associates as requested by the supervisor
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· High School diploma or GED strongly preferred
· Previous manufacturing and powered industrial truck operating experience is strongly preferred
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· Basic computer application skills; experience with JD Edwards preferred
· Strong problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
· Organizational and time-management abilities
· Basic mechanical and mathematical skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Effective oral communication skills needed.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. Employee is regularly required to squat, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift up to 35 pounds and be able to lift and/or move items weithing up to 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and various types of equipment that have vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy. Hearing protection is required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID 2021-10534
Position Type Regular Full-Time
- Berry Global Jobs