1st Source Bank Administrative Assistant, Retail Mortgage Processing Dept. - South Bend, IN in South Bend, Indiana
1st Source Bank is the largest locally controlled financial institution headquartered in the northern Indiana-southwestern Michigan area. 1st Source operates banking centers in 17 counties, 23 1st Source Bank Specialty Finance Group locations nationwide, eight Trust and Wealth Management locations and ten 1st Source Insurance offices. We deliver a comprehensive range of banking services along with highly personalized attention to our clients, individuals, businesses and communities. Our mission is to help our clients achieve security, build wealth and realize their dreams.
We are seeking professionals who are ambitious, friendly, and outgoing and looking to work within a company that demonstrates honesty, integrity and respect to all employees. We are committed to creating a diverse team whose strengths improve our ability to serve our customers. We offer pay commensurate with experience and a competitive benefit package. Veterans, Disabled and alumni of AmeriCorp and Peace Corp are encouraged to apply.
Position Summary Provides support to management to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department. Coordinates the efficient operations of the department/region by maintaining confidential and general files, scheduling daily tasks and performing necessary clerical duties relevant to the assigned area.
- Checks in and follows up on closing packages to confirm they are returned in a timely manner. Images and examines closing package documentation for accuracy, completeness and properly executed signatures.
- Follows-up on documents required by investors.
- Prepares assignments, maintains filing and delivery of final documents to custodians and completes final certification of pools.
- Meets all deadlines on secondary market loans needing final certification as well as portfolio loans, researching and clearing all final documents.
- Maintains reports based on funded loans, outstanding final documents, and loans sold on the secondary market requiring final certification.
- Processes mail delivered in person and via electronic mail to clear post-closing exceptions.
- Communicates and monitors changes announced by investors in relation to secondary market final document and certifications.
- Updates and upgrades existing reports to enhance the performance and productivity upon request.
- Understands all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and complies with the requirements.
- Completes assigned reports and/or projects in a timely and efficient manner by compiling information and preparing it in final format.
- Serves as back-up to the reception desk.
- Completes all compliance training related to the position.
- Understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Prior mortgage experience preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Maintain good records and file management skills.
- Good PC skills--proficiency in Word and Excel essential, understanding of database software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work with all different departments and business entities.
- Ability to meet specific deadlines.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details.
Minimal or occasional travel for meetings, projects or training as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran