Family Allergy & Asthma Clinic and Injection Room Nurse, Part-time - RN or LPN in Zionsville, Indiana
Join a Family that Cares!
At Family Allergy & Asthma, you will not only gain another Family, but you will enjoy Great Benefits to include, Extra PTO Hours, Weekends & Holidays Off, Travel/Mileage Reimbursement, Free Scrubs, Monthly Drawing/Contest, and More!
Family Allergy & Asthma is looking for a great nurse to join our team! Both LPNs and RNs are encouraged to apply.
We have a Part-time position available with a typical schedule of 3 days per week at our Zionsville Location from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM with some late nights until 6:00 PM . The nurse will work alongside a physician assisting with patient care.
You may work some days at any of the offices within the region: Avon, Zionsville, Greenwood, Noblesville & Columbus.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
• Get rooms ready for patients and prepare for allergy testing each morning
• Calibrate PFT sensor daily
• Escort patients to a treatment room and prepare them for the doctor's visit
• Assist the doctor with skin testing and other procedures as ordered
• Send prescriptions, complete asthma care plans and discharge summaries
• Complete documentation in EMR
• Prepare and administer any medications requested by the doctor
• Pulmonary function testing, FeNO testing, and peak flow monitoring
• Patient education regarding medications and environmental control
• Prepare and administer nebulized medication and patient education (if needed)
• Scan testing sheets
• Schedule appointments for outpatient procedures
• Administer allergy injections and complete all duties of the shot room
• Keep clinical area and exam rooms organized and stocked with supplies
• Keep samples and sample bags stocked on shelves
• Check emergency medications monthly and reorder as needed
• Check refrigerator temperatures daily and log on chart
• Complete all tasks in Triage when scheduled
• Prepare patient information folders and EC packets
• Prepare I.D. and scratch trays
• Check patients in/out at satellite offices (front office duties) – as needed
• Total clinic and shot room charges and make deposits as needed
• Shut down and plug in computers (pack, if needed), and plug in otoscopes at end of day
• Transport supplies (box) to and from satellite offices as needed
• Work from other area offices as per schedule
• Maintain and follow HIPAA policies and procedures
• Cover Injection Room and/or Front Offices as needed
• Other relevant duties as assigned by Director
Education, Prior Work Experience, Special Skill And Knowledge Requirements
• Diploma in Nursing- LPN/RN with Indiana license
• 1 to 2 years nursing experience in an office setting
• Previous allergy/asthma experience preferred
• CPR certification required
• Valid Driver's License required
• Ability to travel to satellite offices as needed
Family Allergy & Asthma provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.